Bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant – Part-time (16 – 20 hours/week): Alexandria, VA based firm seeks talented, dependable professional to handle bookkeeping/accounting functions and assist with administrative work. This position is NOT a telecommuting position.
Responsibilities include, as needed:
- Communicate monthly to multiple chapters (entity) leaders to get monthly financials.
- Conduct a check for accuracy of received financials, make sure all required items are received, update a tracking sheet, and maintain an ongoing file.
- A/P (posting of invoices)
- A/R (posting receipts/possible invoicing)
- Fill out bank deposits
- Bank runs to make deposits
- Follow-up on past-due accounts
- Assist with monthly financial prep, as needed
- Assist with year-end items
- Assist with administrative needs (handle incoming calls, memos, create/maintain files, mail, database entry, other duties as needed)
- Bookkeeping/accounting experience.
- Ability to use QuickBooks
- Must be proficient in Excel and MS Office
- Must be accurate & organized; meet deadlines; be detailed oriented with strong analytical skills.
- Team player with ability to work independently.
Flexibility in schedule of hours (during normal business hours).Send cover letter, resume and SALARY HISTORY (a must or your resume will not be considered). EOE